1. Is a vehicle purchased recently from a dealer exempted from inspection once it is due for its registration renewal?
Yes, a recently purchased vehicle is exempted from inspection for a period of subsequent 3 years, provided it is owned by an individual single owner and has not changed its ownership since then.
2. If the vehicle registration is valid, is inspection required for changing its ownership?
Yes, a vehicle inspection is mandatory for the transfer of ownership.
3. What is the permitted limit of window tinting on vehicle?
The permitted limit of tint on a vehicle is 50 % (BLACK), for both personal and commercial vehicles.However, tint films is not permitted on the front windshield of any vehicle, regardless of its registration category.
4. Is window tinting allowed while exporting the vehicle?
No, recently amended law requires the vehicles to be tinting free for export.
5. What are the types and fees of inspection?
- Heavy vehicle inspection: AED 220.00
- Light vehicle inspection: AED 170.00
- Trailer Inspection: AED 170.00
- Heavy vehicle Re-inspection: AED 95.00
- Light vehicle Re-inspection: AED 70.00
- Chassis Condition: AED 73.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Smoke: AED 73.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Paint Condition: AED 73.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Road Permission Test (Onsite): AED 440.00
- Road Permission Test (Heavy Category): AED 220.00
- Export Test (Heavy): AED 120.00
- Export Test (Light): AED 120.00
- Comprehensive inspection (Light and Heavy): AED 367.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Classic vehicle inspection: AED 440.00
- Motorcycle inspection: AED 170.00
- Dubai Municipality Inspection (Food Transporting Vehicles): AED 220.00
- Trailer Chassis punching: AED 150.00
- Number plate printing and fixing: AED 15.75 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Chassis Condition Heavy : AED 94.50 (inclusive of VAT)
- Smoke : AED 94.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- Paint Condition :AED 94.50 (Inclusive of VAT)
- ESMA : AED 330.00